Here is a list of all the interesting literature facts which you didnt knew. These facts will amaze you, and you will find that there is a lot of stuff related to literature,novels,etc which is indeed interesting.
- Sherlock Holmes never said “Elementary, my dear Watson” !
- A Language dies every 14 days !
- First novel ever written on a typewriter: Tom Sawyer !
- “I am.” is the shortest complete sentence in the English language !
- There are only four words in the English language which end in “dous”: tremendous, horrendous, stupendous, and hazardous.
- Ghosts appear only in 4 Shakespearean plays; Julius Caesar, Richard III, Hamlet and Macbeth @
- Stewardesses’ is the longest word that is typed with only the left hand !
- No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver, and purple !
- The only 15 letter word that can be spelled without repeating a letter is uncopyrightable !
- ‘SWIMS’ upsidedown still looks like ‘SWIMS’ !
- The sentence “The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.” uses every letter in the alphabet !
- The town of Hamelin, Germany famous for the legend of the rat-catching Pied Piper has a Modern day Rat Problem due to the food left by tourists !
- The name for Oz in the “Wizard of Oz” was thought up when the creator, Frank Baum, looked at his filing cabinet and saw A-N, and O-Z, hence “Oz.” !
- ‘Aloha’ is a Hawaiian word that means both hello and goodbye !
- The longest English word without a vowel is – rhythm !
- The Times (UK’s newspaper) of 22 August 1978 contained the most number of misprints – about 97 ! In one story about the Pope, he was called “the Pop” throughout the article !
- “The Mouse Trap,” by Agatha Christie is the longest running play in history !
- All of the roles in Shakespeare’s plays were originally acted by men and boys. In England at that time, it wasn’t proper for females to appear on stage !
- ‘Dreamt’ is the only English word that ends in the letters ‘mt’ !
- The original story from Tales of 1001 Arabian Nights begins, ‘Aladdin was a little Chinese boy.’ !
- John Milton used 8,000 different words in his poem, “Paradise Lost.” !
- In the original story, Sleeping beauty was raped by the prince and gave birth to 2 children. She woke up when a kid sucked on her finger !
- Silent and Listen are spelt with the same letters !
We hope you liked these literature facts. Read more amazing facts by navigating through other facts that you see in the sidebar.
Share these Interesting Literature Facts with your Friends :